Software (Web) Developer
- Front-end developer for custom development relating to a proprietary hosted content management system (CMS) (Blox CMS) such as:
- building and customizing reusable "block"/partial templates in HTML, a template language, CSS, JS, etc.
- providing support to stakeholders
- Supporting and initiating projects and providing consultation to stakeholders for several newspaper sites
- Maintaining code repository (GitLab installation) for internal dev team
- Consistently come up with, experiment with, and provide concrete proposals for web-related projects to enhance the business' goals
- Provided a low cost solution, using the existing limited infrastructure, to display live election results from the AP and Va. State Board of Elections using HTML/CSS/JS and PHP on a limited hosted environment
- Linux (Ubuntu)
Lord Fairfax Community College
Middletown, Va (Telecommute)
- Principal developer for Web site, Intranet and other web-related resources. Including, but not limited to:
also managed Apache server for website and applications on a hosted server
- in-house CMS (content management system) & forms framework
- custom PHP/MySQL-based web applications.
- Data architect in charge of database design and management for applications I was developing.
- Subject Matter Expert advising the Graphic and Digital Media Specialist on Web-related projects.
- Responsibilities from 2008-2010 expanded from simple coding projects and updates to managing more Web development-related projects including more complex website projects and updates.
- Linux (RHEL)
Germanna Community College